Halloween News Network--Watch this ticker for all the latest Halloween news!~~~~

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The 2012 Halloween costume prediction list from Halloween Night!

Greetings my fellow ghouls!

Welcome to the 6th annual Halloween Night costume predictions list!  I started this annual event in my Yahoo! group "Halloween Night" and have had so much fun writing them!  I make my own predictions on what I think will be *in* this year as far as costumes are concerned.  I will list my top ten choices with #1 being the top costume.  With that said, let's start the list!

10.  I will always save a special place for the classic costumes.  Witches, ghosts, skeletons, etc... these costumes have been around for centuries and never get old!  They are easy to make at the last minute and the little ones always look so cute dressed in them!  I guarantee that you will see at least one trick-or-treater decked out in a classic costume this year!

9.  I think homemade costumes will be big this year due to the economy.  Store bought costumes have become pretty pricey over the past few years and a lot of people just can't afford them.  Thanks to the birth of Pinterest (follow Halloween Night on Pinterest HERE) and several DIY websites, you can find a very easy to make Halloween costume for cheap! 

8. Zombies will definitely be making a comeback this year.  Zombies have seemed to become part of our culture with zombie walks, tv shows, video games, etc....  Just be sure to be armed with candy and you'll make it through Halloween in one piece!  ;)

7. Monster High!  The Monster High dolls have become a highly collectible fad among youngsters.  Thanks to Halloween novelty stores such as Spirit Halloween, kids can now dress as their favorite Monster High character!  

6.  Who wants to visit Sesame Street?  No need, because Big Bird will most likely make an appearance at your Halloween shindig!  Thanks to the presidential debates, Big Bird has become a hot commodity costume with some stores actually selling out!

5. The Avengers hit the big screen this year and will hit your doorsteps this Halloween!  Think of all the possibilities: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, etc...  Super heroes are always a kid favorite, so I think you can expect to see at least one of these characters this year!

4. Gangnam Style!  Psy, the Korean rapper, has because a huge name in the past few months with his hit song "Gangnam Style"!  It's a really catchy tune and the music video is great!  If you attend a big Halloween party, I'm sure you'll see at least one person dressed as Psy!

3. Vampires will definitely be hanging around again this year.  They are still huge in our popular culture with the tv shows True Blood and Vampire Diaries as well as the last movie installment of the Twilight saga.  I love when little kids dress as vampires!  

2. Angry Birds to the rescue!  This action packed game has become a massive hit worldwide!  Everyone I know seems to have played Angry Birds.  I'm a fan myself, having three different versions of the game on my smartphone!  There are costumes for kids as well as adults...they are cute!

1. The number one costume for this year is....Batman!  The third movie in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy starring Christian Bale hit the movie theaters earlier this year.  These movies are the best Batman movies I've ever seen.  Kids love dressing up as Batman and I think there will be a lot of them this year!  Of course, we will never forget the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado during the premiere of the latest Batman movie. 

There you have it!  I would like to ask all of you to keep a checklist of what costumes you see this year, as I would like to post a follow up after Halloween to see how on target my list was!  Thanks everyone and let's have a great Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for homemade costumes! Michaela made hers this year with the help of the Salvation Army and a little imagination! She's going as Katniss from the Hunger Games. We even made her bow and arrow from a stick in the yard, colored duct tape and ribbon :D Savannah is going as Jem, Truly outrageous and retro! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool, Verna! While I've not seen the Hunger Games, I've seen previews so I know what Katniss looks like and Michaela's costume was perfect! I was really impressed! Sav was so cute as well!

      Delete

We love hearing from our frightfully wonderful readers! Thank you for your comments!