Halloween News Network--Watch this ticker for all the latest Halloween news!~~~~

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fright Night Friday Movie Review: Spiders 2: Breeding Ground

Happy Friday everyone!

We have another blast from the past for our movie review tonight!  This review was written by my co-owner, Chas, back in 2006!  If you're a member of our Yahoo group, you can view the original post here!  Hope you enjoy the review!





Spiders II: Breeding Ground (2001)

Rated `R' For violence and gore, language and nudity

Plot Description:

Alexandra (Stephanie Niznik) and Jason (Greg Cromer) are rescued at
sea by a passing ship that happens to be the floating laboratory of
crazed Dr. Grbac (Richard Moll). This is very bad news for the
healthy young couple as the nutty doctor implants spider eggs in the
bodies of humans to create giant spiders; Jason is next, unless Alex
can defeat Grbac and a horde of escaped spiders. ~ Buzz McClain, All
Movie Guide

My Review:

This is a Low-budget horror and big-time fun. The opening of the
movie was very well done. When Alexandra and Jason are on the ship
the crew are friendly, a bit too friendly. The special effects were
decent. One could sense that they did not take this movie too
seriously. If you have arachnophobia I would suggest staying away
from this movie. If you want a nice Saturday night horror flick, I
would recommend this movie. I give it a three skull rating.
Thanks for the review, Chas!  This movie sounds like it's full of creepy crawliness...I am not a fan of spiders, so I am not sure I would ever watch this!  What about you?  Have you seen this movie and have a comment to make about it? Let us know!  And remember, if you'd like to do a movie review just send me a message on our Facebook page or here on the blog!  :)

Happy Haunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our frightfully wonderful readers! Thank you for your comments!