Halloween News Network--Watch this ticker for all the latest Halloween news!~~~~

Friday, February 25, 2011

Greetings my spooky friends!

I apologize for not posting in a long while. After a few snowstorms and a bout of laryngitis later, I'm hoping to post more regularly!! I realized tonight that I never posted about my Halloween costume predictions. I was so busy around Halloween with my wedding that I wasn't able to correspond with friends about the costumes they saw. I can say that I attended a Halloween party for the first time in a long time!! My now husband and I had a joint bachelor/bachelorette party before Halloween. We asked the partygoers to dress in costume for the night...we ended up at the bowling alley for some haunted cosmic bowling! It was great fun! I went as the Bride of Frankenstein and Phill (my husband) went as Frankenstein's Monster! Our friend (and the host of our party) dressed as Mimi from The Drew Carey Show, another friend dressed as Octomom while her husband dressed up as a zombie! Another one of our friends dressed up as a flapper and the costume that rocked the night was my awesome friend (my matron of honor) Verna....she dressed as Antoine Dodson! If you don't know who he is, Google him! Needless to say, we had an eclectic mix that night! My husband and I in our Halloween costumes!


My awesome friend, Chas, gave me a report of the kiddos he handed candy out to on Halloween night. Here is the list of costumes he saw:
  • Gypsy girls were a popular theme
  • Witch
  • Robot
  • Monkey
  • Mexican Bandit
  • Pirate
  • Fairies
  • And a few costumes that were unclear!
Sounds like a good variety! Thanks for the report, Chas!

I also got a report from my friend, Susan. She says...
"Costumes...well, there weren't a whole lot of trick or treaters out. My kids were a fairy, vampire and Boba Fett. Other costumes, hmmmm. Our friends child was a dog. My other friends kids were Luigi and the Travelocity Gnome."

Thanks Susan!

So there you have it. I will be doing my annual costume prediction list again this year, so be on the lookout! I have a feeling that we will start seeing more homemade costumes with the state of the economy. What are your thoughts?

Also, is there a particular Halloween related topic you would like me to post about? I need some ideas and need the readers input! Just shoot me an email and give me your ideas!!

As always, thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Well my sweet here we are on your Halloween blog thing.

    What can I say, What a great party it was , going as Frank and his bride. My sweet you looked so pretty that night and I looked good too, if you don't mind me saying so myself. Infact I must add that you always look absolutely beautiful each and every day.. YAY for you !!!

    Okay costume predictions for this year

    Well I think there will be plenty of Harry Potter costumes, Little red riding hoods, Big Bad wolf, transformers, and hmm well I am sure there will be zombies, aliens, and pirates, they are old time legends and favourites.

    Well sweetie I commented. Hope you enjoyed it. I love you princess Pixiebelle. :X:X:X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Babe!! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! That was an awesome party and we did look good! Oooh nice predictions...remind me of those when I write my official post later this year!! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I love it. I hope you post more often. I love reading your Halloween costume predictions.

    Chas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chas!! Thank you for helping me out!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our frightfully wonderful readers! Thank you for your comments!