Halloween News Network--Watch this ticker for all the latest Halloween news!~~~~

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The 2010 Halloween costume prediction list from Halloween Night!

Greetings my fellow ghouls!

Welcome to the 4th annual Halloween costume predictions list written by me for my group "Halloween Night" on Yahoo! I started this annual event in the group back in 2006--I was never able to post my list last year (due to being on vacation in England) which explains the year discrepancy. I'm posting this later than I had wanted to, but life has gotten in the way! I make my own predictions on what I think will be *in* this year as far as costumes are concerned. I will list my top ten choices with #1 being the top costume. With that said, let's start the list!

10. I have to save a spot for the classics! Whether it be witches, skeletons, ghosts, etc... these are costumes that have become the staple of Halloween for many throughout the years. Not only are they a classic costume, but in a pinch they are very easy to make yourself!

9. Off with her head! This year brought us a live action Alice in Wonderland movie starring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. I have already seen several costuming websites selling Alice's dress and you can bet that the Mad Hatter costume will be popular as well thanks to Johnny Depp (who seems to always give people inspiration for costumes! Pirates anyone?).

8. It's a date! Couples costumes always seem to be a great hit at parties. They're fun and sometimes very, um, let's just say "imaginative"! You may not see them roaming the streets for candy, but if you are attending a Halloween party this year keep your eye out!

7. *cue Ozzy* I AM IRONMAN!! Yes, superheroes still continue to remain strong at the box office and guess what that means?? Little Ironmans will be running to your door for candy! At least they aren't strong enough to knock down your door...

6. Wizards take heed! I truly believe this will be a Harry Potter year! We will be seeing movie 7, part one arriving in theaters in November! Just keep your mad eye out for the-one-who-must-not-be-named!!


5. Team Vampire or Team Werewolf? Vampires should be a popular theme this year with kids and adults alike. With the tremendous success of the Twilight series and the True Blood television show, vampires have seen a "rebirth" of popularity. Earlier in the year we also had the remake of The Wolfman (for you werewolf fans), so I think we'll be seeing more werewolf-like costumes as well!

4.
You've got a friend in me...We also saw a new installment to the Toy Story franchise this year. I have not seen the movie yet, but I've heard everyone who has seen it has cried at the end. :( Let's not dwell on that! I think we'll be seeing a lot of Buzz Lightyear and Woody costumes on the little ones this year!

3. Princesses on parade! The princess costume seems to be a very popular costume choice for little girls over the past few years. Girls have a much wider variety of princess costumes nowadays with the popularity of the Disney princesses. This is definitely a costume that will stick around for years to come!

2. Arrrrgh Mateys!! We can't forget the pirates! Thanks to the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, pirates are still a huge hit for Halloween!!
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

And now for the #1 Halloween costume..........

1. BRAINS!!!! Zombies have made a huge impact the past couple of years, but especially this year. We've seen several zombie computer games become popular, cities around the U.S. have been holding "zombie walks", and I even found a zombie cross-stitch kit at Barnes and Noble (pictured below). Even though it has become popular to kill zombies, it has become equally (if not more) popular to dress as zombies!! So watch out...this Halloween could be your last. ;)



There you have it folks! Anna's Halloween 2010 costume prediction list!! Be sure to keep track of the trick-or-treaters this year and let me know how many costumes from the list you see!!

~Anna

P.S.--Please feel free to share this list in your group, blog, etc... I only ask that you give me and my blog the proper credit! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our frightfully wonderful readers! Thank you for your comments!